Question: Write the the question you have been assigned
or the prompt you are going to answer with your essay in the box below.
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
Save 17% on any academic paper!
Get your discount right now!
We have detected you have disabled http cookies on your browser. Please note that it might affect overall website performance. The following part(s) of our website might not function properly with cookies disabled:
The thesis statement will reflect the kind of paper being written. There are three kinds of papers: analytical , expository , and argumentative . The thesis statement will take a different form for each of these kinds of papers. 
This final thesis statement presents an interpretation of a literary work based on an analysis of its content. Of course, for the essay itself to be successful, you must now present evidence from the novel that will convince the reader of your interpretation.